How To Receive Christ
Admit your need (I am a sinner)
Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and that he
rose from the grave. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to
come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit.
(Receive Him as Lord and Savior)
How to Pray: "I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness.
I believe that you died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins.
I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust
and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus name. Amen".
If your prayed this prayer, the Bible says:
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
"God saved you by His special favor when you believe. And you can't credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." Ephesians 2:8-9.
10 Steps to Prayer:
- Find a comfortable place where you won't be interrupted. Read several chapters of one of the Gospels - - Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.
- Close your eyes: Give thanks for three things that you are thankful for. Move toward God - - away from self-sufficiency.
- Ask God to bless and help three other people who you believe may need God's help today. Move toward others and away from self-centeredness.
- Ask God to forgive your sins and mistakes as you confess them, and ask God to give you the strength to forgive.
- Ask God to help one other person that you find it hard to like. Ask for insight into that person's problems and how you may allow God's love to flow through you.
- Ask to be sensitive today toward the need of one person with whom you may share God's love by word and deed.
- Ask for insight into your own personal problems.
- Ask for help in achieving your personal goals.
- Ask God to tell you what is the most important thing you need to do today in order to seek His kingdom first.
- Listen for three minutes for what God may say to you.
Close with the Lord's Prayer
Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trepasses, as we forgive them that trepass against us. And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil.